- Pretended to rape a Katy Perry look alike on stage
- Created Evelyn Evelyn, an ableist fictional band composed of a pair of conjoined twins who are child porn survivors and mocked people when she was called out on it (More on that here and here)
- Faked her own suicide to convince her partner to stop doing drugs. She filmed it and later used the audio of it in her music.
- Her song Map of Tasmania shames women who shave saying they “look like an eight-year-old" (article calling her out about it here)
- Her song Sex Changes has a trans*phobic message/lyrics
- Uses the N slur in her song Guitar Hero
- Posted THIS on her tumblr page, defending those who made the original posts and claiming that reactive violence is just as bad as proactive violence.
I would rather have my taxes go to every single ‘welfare queen’ in the united states twice over than to drone programs and corporate subsidies.
I have a thing to go to tonight that I’m not really allowed to skip but holy fuck I have so much work to do why does the thing have to be tonight D:
Kai is of partial Hawaiian, Chinese and Filipino descent. She is very close to her family and says they are her biggest fans.
She is also known for her distinctive tattoos. She has 60+ tattoos two being “Sleeve tattoos” on her left and right arms. She has tattoos on both legs, arms, feet, and hands, and on her back, chest, sides, and the front, side, and back of her neck. Along with the tattoos, she also has two lower lip piercings.
Kai has openly discussed the fact that she is lesbian, and was one of only three openly gay individuals on the 2008 USA Summer Olympic Team.
Sandra Bullock’s box office take over the last five years is as good or better than most male leads. The same can be said of Melissa McCarthy, who also has the attention of about 10 million viewers a week on Mike and Molly when she’s not on the big screen. Both of them have been integral to the marketing and promotion of their films, so it’s clearly not that moviegoers won’t watch a blockbuster with a woman in the lead.
But in very specific terms, Gravity was marketed as a co-headlining movie from Bullock and George Clooney, but anyone who saw it knows that it was Bullock’s film. Clooney was perceived as being necessary to market the movie in spite of the fact that since 2008, his movies have generated about $634 million total at the domestic box office, compared to Bullock’s $891 million. During that time, Clooney made nine films to Bullock’s six, meaning that the per-film average is even more heavily skewed in Bullock’s favor.
During that time, the total budget for Clooney’s films came to a minimum of $307 million and the budget for Bullocks clocked in at $214 million. That means that for every dollar spent producing a George Clooney film, the studio saw $2.07 back. That isn’t half bad, really. You know what it is half of? The $4.15 they saw on every Sandra Bullock dollar they spent during the same five-year period. Each of them had a couple of low-budget indie films and a couple of failures during the five-year period, but Clooney–the name Warner Bros. was convinced was necessary to promote the film–averaged just over $70 million per film during that period while Bullock averaged upwards of $148 million."
protect ur trans friends and keep them safe by using the proper pronouns and keeping their birth name a secret (unless you’re talking to someone they aren’t out to, in which case do the opposite). this especially goes for the friends of trans women
(Also relevant to problems of race, gender, etcetera.)
- A woman in Utah gave birth to twins. When one was stillborn, she was arrested and charged with criminal homicide based on the claim that her decision to delay cesarean surgery was the cause of the stillbirth.
- After a hearing that lasted less than a day, a court issued an order requiring a critically-ill pregnant woman in Washington, D.C. to undergo cesarean surgery over her objections. Neither she nor her baby survived.
- A judge in Ohio kept a woman imprisoned to prevent her from having an abortion.
- A woman in Oregon who did not comply with a doctor’s recommendation to have additional testing for gestational diabetes was subjected to involuntary civil commitment. During her detention, the additional testing was never performed.
- A Louisiana woman was charged with murder and spent approximately a year in jail before her counsel was able to show that what was deemed a murder of a fetus or newborn was actually a miscarriage that resulted from medication given to her by a health care provider.
- In Texas, a pregnant woman who sometimes smoked marijuana to ease nausea and boost her appetite gave birth to healthy twins. She was arrested for delivery of a controlled substance to a minor.
- A doctor in Wisconsin had concerns about a woman’s plans to have her birth attended by a midwife. As a result, a civil court order of protective custody for the woman’s fetus was obtained. The order authorized the sheriff’s department to take the woman into custody, transport her to a hospital, and subject her to involuntary testing and medical treatment.
- And now a woman is being berated for moving cities while pregnant
Don’t forget the woman in the UK who had her infant forcibly removed via cesarian section by order of social services because she’d had a mental breakdown (from which she had recovered).
Zoomed out while taking a picture of my Christmas tree
[ CHRISTMAS INTENSIFIES ]
Today, NYC Health launched a new ad campaign today warning people that listening to headphones at high volume can cause tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and irreversible hearing loss. The ads encourage people to protect their hearing by turning down the volume when using headphones.
To protect your hearing when using headphones, remember to:
- Reduce the volume, limit listening time, and take regular breaks.
- Never listen at maximum volume and do not turn the volume up to drown out external noise.
- Use volume limiting features of personal listening devices.
Know the early signs of hearing loss and ask a doctor for a hearing test if you have trouble hearing conversation, need to turn up the volumes on TV, radio or personal music players or experience ringing in the ear.
For more information, read the full Press Release and our report on Hearing Problems and Headphone Use in New York City (PDF).
this is extremely important!!
i would recommend investing in noise canceling headphones, one of the biggest problems people don’t realize is that when you listen to loud music, you’re listening to loud music ON TOP of the loud noise in your environment. noise canceling headphones allow you to listen to music at a lower volume bc you already have minimum background noise.
i’m trying to think up of a clever holiday pun on ‘ampornstar’ for a holiday url but all i can think of is “ampornsanta” and i
For a snack I had dry cereal
For lunch I had a sandwich
For dinner I had a piece of cake
For late dinner I had ramen, a cupcake, and an apple
todays to do list:
make pot of coffee clean room
- help clean house
put up decorations(welp my...